In this activity students will use fine motor skills to cut, tape and trace their maple leaves. They will then use their fingertips or q-tips to blend their fall colors together to see explore the colors of fall.
- Printed leaves (free PDF's below)
- Black paper (construction or card stock)
- Chalk pastels in fall colors
- Painters tape
- Setting spray (optional)
- When printing the maple leaves it will be easier for students to trace if using a heavier weighted paper.
- Using painters tape to attach the maple leave to the black paper will allow students to trace the leaf without the paper slipping.
- Chalk pastels are messy... you may want to shake them off outside when finished.
- You can use a setting spray to spray the finished leaves with. However, I would recommend spraying your leaves outside due to the fumes.
1910 - Autumn Maple Leaf Worksheet - V1_Part1.pdf
1910 - Autumn Maple Leaf Worksheet - V1_Part2.pdf